Weed Man Recipe - Fresh Garden Salsa
Making the Most of Your Backyard Vegetables
Is there anything tastier than fresh veggies from your very own backyard garden? Besides Weed Man’s savory summer salsa, of course! Use your homegrown vegetables to create this zesty, chilled dip that has a delightful kick. Serve with a bowl of fresh tortilla chips, and your patio will be this season’s hotspot in no time.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 10 large garlic cloves
- 3 jalapeno chilies, stemmed, seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems trimmed
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded, quartered
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 large green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons green Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Tortilla chips
1. Process tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, jalapenos and half of cilantro in a processor until it becomes a chunky puree.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Place fresh tomatoes, diced green chilies and the remaining cilantro in a processor and blend until tomatoes are finely chopped. Add to mixture in large bowl.
3. Mix in green onions, cumin, and lemon and lime juices.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
6. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 8 cups.
Brought to you by Weed Man Lawn Care: we care for your lawn.