COVID-19 Update from Weed Man
Thank you for your continued confidence in Weed Man Knoxville, TN to take care of your home environment. We are prepared to continue enhancing your quality of life while making needed changes to protect public health.
As you know, on March 30, 2020 Tennessee Governor Bill Lee signed a stay home order for the state of Tennessee to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The Landscaping Industry, including lawn treatment & maintenance, falls under the essential business exemption. This is following the precedent set by many other communities and states.
Our services are critical because of the nature of our work. These are some of the reasons:
- Protection and enhancement of homeowner’s property.
- The direct control and suppression of weeds that create springtime allergens and that affect people respiratory systems and exacerbate asthma etc.
- The importance of enhancing healthy lawns that create oxygen.
- The control of lawn insects that are a risk to health including but not limited to, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, grubs etc.
- The control of environments (weed and plant growth) that cause vermin to flourish and pose serious risks to public health if left uncontrolled.
- Our work is performed without human contact, outside, thus presenting very minimal risk to further transmission of the virus.
We take our responsibility seriously. Our services are here to keep the lawn healthy and provide a safe play environment for families. Remember, a well-maintained lawn is like "the moat around your castle". Most importantly, we want to deliver a bit of normalcy during these less than normal times.
We are taking extreme caution for both our employees and our customers. We've made the following changes to ensure everyone's safety:
- All non-field staff will be working from home
- Daily temperature checks will be required of all field staff (where available)
- Enhanced daily cleaning protocols are in place, for our employees, office, equipment & trucks
- Only 1 service technician will be riding in a vehicle
- We will abide by the 6-foot distancing protocol provided by the CDC
- To limit interactions, we will not be knocking on doors or ringing doorbells
- To limit interactions, we will not be leaving behind any literature or invoices, they will be sent by email or text
This situation continues to change daily so we will update you if any of our procedures change. During times like these, we take a lot of pride in you trusting us to maintain one of your greatest assets- your home environment. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are here for you.
The Weed Man Family
Click HERE to read the Department of Homeland Security CISA memorandum.
Click HERE to read the State of Tennessee's Executive Order by the Governor.